16. Steve Baxter on Processes and Networking to Scale Your Business
Processes and Networking to Scale Business
Steve Baxter one of Australia’s most successful tech founders. Now a familiar face on tv, most people know him as the one of the sharks on Channel Ten’s Shark Tank. Steve is an active investor and mentor to some of Australia’s most exciting startups. He’s a big supporter of the Australian start-up ecosystem and is the founder of River City Labs a co-working community in inner city Brisbane, a founding board member of advocacy group StartupAUS, and the mission leader for Startup Catalyst.
Heard an episode or two already? Please leave a short review here and let me know who you think I should have on the show!
During my conversation with Steve he shares:
- Why you should be documenting processes
- How to help staff succeed and feel fulfilled
- How to increase staff performance and productivity
- Potential problems when updating process documents
- Considering customer calls or complaints to revenue opportunities
- What start-ups need before looking to investors
- What to do to acquire knowledge and insight when starting a business
- What not do when networking
- Why not to pitch to investors on when you first meet them; and
- His big focus for the rest of 2015
As someone who is committed like few others to the growth of businesses on a daily basis, Steve is the man to follow and heed advice from. Tune in to hear what you could be doing in your existing business to take it to the next level.
Selected links for this episode
“We didn’t mind getting customer calls… for us it was a revenue centre. They got great customer service…and told 5, 6, 7 of their friends”Steve Baxter
“By distilling it all down into a known list of procedures you can…allow people to do the best they possibly can”Steve Baxter
Would you like this episode on your blog or website?
Our podcast player will look like this on your site:
Get our podcast player onto your site by simply copying and pasting the following code:
<audio src="https://archive.org/download/TheCustomerCentricShowPodcast/016_Steve-Baxter_customer-centric-show-podcast.mp3" controls></audio>